HybridZ

What could make my car run lean at idle to 1500rpm?

Guest 2slo4u

Guest 2slo4u

Hi guys and gals. I've done the 280zx to 300zx ecu swap and the car works pretty darn good. Only thing is I have a miss at idle and up to a little over 1500rpm when accelerating or even just revving the engiine. After asking a few questions on hybridz and looking over the engine a few times, it makes sense it could be a lean condition. Only thing is:

-It's got new turbo injectors and the lines and tank are flushed out with new filter.

-No injector resistors so they should be getting full power to open fully

-Fuel pressure works as specified from idle to boost 38psi to 46

I dont want to tamper with the Mass airflow sensor, it seems it would provide enough signal to the ecu since it is set up for a 3 liter motor and mine's 2.8. I can't find any more vacumm leaks, but there might still be one hiding under there.

Thanks for any help. Gotta get to work now.

81zxturbo

95slobaru

Guest 2slo4u

Thanks Bernardd. I'll adjust the idle switch just like you suggested. I was confused with the way the manual suggested adjusting with feeler gauges and I just had it adjusted to open as soon as the throttle barely moves. I don't know if I had it right, but I'll try adjusting and see what happens.

81zxturbo

95slobaru

Guest 2slo4u

Well I tried adjusting the tps and it still does the same thing... What the heck? I even tried with the tps totally disconnected and it still has the hesitation/stumble. One thing at a time I guess. By the way, Bernardd, does yours hesitate at all? Is there anything different about my setup from yours that could be causing this?

-no injector resistors

-all soldered no crimps

-I hope the mas is cleaning itself, I wouldn't know how to check

-Intake and exhaust manifold bolts all tight, none have loosened :)

?????????????

81zxturbo

95slobaru