HybridZ

Quick questions

Guest polarity

Guest polarity

Can someone tell me what they think about these size motors, prices, and how hard it is to get them into a ZX. I've bought a 350 that I've still got ALOT of money to invest in to get it ready.. But now I see these.. what do you think

once place has all these

1-454 and 2-400 small block, 4 bolt main, with factory 402 & 1-305.

next

'99 454 CI, w/Eagle rods &Venolia flat pistons, hyd. RC $1300.

dont know the prices on any of the first ones

Billy

Guest greimann

Ditto what Tim says. Pass on the 454, it's a beast. It looks at home in my Silverado 4X4, but not in a tiny little Datsun. Consider the 400 but be aware of the differenceces of its water passages and how they relate to head gaskets, and also the external balance on the dampner and flywheel. There still is no shame in a well built 350 and they are as common as, ... umm ... well 350's!

I have no direct experience with Bill Mitchell products. What I've heard and read on www.headsupreview.com (NMCA site) has been nothing but bad.

I am not suggesting that you shouldn't buy an engine from them or trying to cast aspersions on them. I would suggest, however, talking with some people who have done business with them before spending your money.

Guest Anonymous

There's pics of a Big Block install on this Message Board.I think that they're titled as 'Big Block Install Pics'.Check those out before you install a Big Block.Things re just so tight as far as I'm concerned on a Big Block Z.Just see those pics.Custom Headers,Hood...etc.It's alot more money than it's worth.What I would do if I wanted a BBC punch,I would buy a 350 4 Bolt Main Block,punch it out at 40 over and build it from there.That'll be the greatest.Then,you can add your dual carbs,fuel injection or hell,even a blower or supercharger.It can get carried away though.I actually started to figure out why for years my grandad said 'With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility'.Keep that in mind.A SB 400 is a great engine,but the cost to power ratio is best with a 350.

Hope This Helps!

Izzy cheers.gif