HybridZ

Alternator wiring Q

When wiring the 1-wire alternator. What is done with the red/white wire that originally went to the Datsun alternator. I searched, but maybe I'm dumb. I didn't see a concrete answer. Do you run the single alternator wire through the Datsun red/white wire or go straight the battery with the alternator wire and do something else with the red/white wire???

Gettin close..... :D:D

I'm getting close on mine as well.

I took the red/white wire from the alternator and hooked it to the hot terminal on the starter so that it gets battery voltage. It supplies power to the fuse box, after passing through a fusible link. I hooked the other end of the heavy gauge white wire (that connects to the starter) to the alternator. The circuit as described has the alternator and fuse panel connected directly to the battery through the hot post on the starter solenoid.

I spent a lot of time on the wiring diagram for the car and this makes the most sense to me. I have not fully completed the installation yet and so have not put the battery back in. I pretty well gutted the electrical harness from the engine compartment. The early 74 260 had lots of relays and crap related to the infamous seatbelt interlock system. I also removed the shunt, voltage regulator, EGR relays, ignition relays and a pile of wire that was at least a foot deep.