HybridZ

240Z = #14

exodus1500

bast - all good points. I guess I get tired of having to flip through all the bling advertising in SCC - but I realize that they have to fund the magazine with advertising. You are correct, of course, SCC does more than just Japanese cars - they are heavy into the Europeon compacts as well. I refuse to buy and Import Tuner mag!

I guess that maybe they didn't feature the 240Z highly in that list, since it really is closer to a sports car than a sport compact car.

I agree with you on the old muscle cars. The only ones that peak my desire to own again are the ones that handled (AAR Cuda for instance), or one that I'd build that had updated handling, braking and drivetrain parts. Basically the beautiful body styles of some of the older cars with the new technology underneath. Like a 34 Ford Victoria, 56 Vette, 40 Anglia or Ford, or a 69 Camaro - with C5 vette underpinnings and drivetrain. Actually, that's just what the "hot rod" type magazines are moving to, especially Popular Hotrodding and Car Craft, with their Pro-touring slant. What they are against is bling and FWD, for obvious reasons.

On the SRT-4 - I'm looking for a daily driver to replace my Eclipse, and if I was frugal, I'd probably go with one of those! And become a SCC subscriber ;) (It's not like I don't have a dozen car magazine subscriptions already!). But I'm thinking of an Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe.

Guest Ground_Rat
Saw that one today too. Probably one of the few times in my life that my blood pressure has spiked to dangerous levels :evil: Not so much for the Z only rating #14' date=' but because the Honda Civic was rated above it at #2 :fmad: I wonder if I could sue them if I had an embolism over that....

Mike[/quote']

That's just one reason why I don't read that mag.

Personally I think SCC is a great mag, and do the best at being anti-rice and still keeping their sponsors happy. But what makes the mag so good for me are the writers. I have never pick up a mag that combined humor and tech as well as SCC dose. Thinking of what they did to the zero budget make my ride faster article still makes me laugh. Read that article where they destroy this car to prove the biggest anti-rice statement MORE WEIGHT = LESS POWER

Guest Phailure

I think that SCC has become worse over the years. I really do like the technical articles that they produce, but I do not like how SCC is very bias towards imports. For example, when 2 fast 2 furious was coming out, they did alittle preview of themovie and said something along the lines of "we look forward to any chance to see a domestic trashed" refering to the scene where the mustang gets run over the semis. Personally, I am not partial to any company/manufacturer. In my opinion, I think that it is stupid to be partial to just one company/manufacturer. You are only limiting yourself.

About the Civic being rated #2... I think that #2 may have been alittle high but I think it deserves its place in the top 10. The Civic can be a great track car. I have an excellent Best Motoring video with a Civic, S2000, and an Accord type-R (all three tuned) racing on a track. The civic is able to defeat the S2000 and the Accord. If someone wants to host a 15mb video for me, I can send it to them. I think that many underestimate the potential of a properly built civic just because there are many 'ricers' with civics on the streets in America.

Just my 2 cents.