HybridZ

advantages of 7.00 vs. 7.99 comp. ratio turbo

What would be the advantages/disadvantages of each set-up provided everthing was the same? Each having the same 2mm headgasket. The7.00 comp ratio would have stock dished pistons 7.99 ratio would have stock flat tops. Disguard the ring placement. Here are some specs to play with. T3 turbo, 460cc, intercooler,SDS, automatic trans.

I'm thinking that the 7.99 might be have the advantageover the 7.00 because it may have a little more bottom-end(better for auto), and about equal top-end if detonation is kept in check. Also the 7.99 would have flat-top pistons, and this might provide a more even burn. Lets say that the 7.99 could only run 13PSI instead of the other one running 15PSI. would that really be that much with the stock turbo?

So in other words would it be better for me to use an N47 NA motor or a F54 motor, as a replacement while my Turbo motor gets rebuilt. I have both motors and I don't stand to loose that much if enther one gives in the to the turbo POWER. Heck! I might even use a little N20.

May as well call your 7.99, 8:1. I wouldn't run 7:1 unless you go full T4, larger injecters and plan on running around 25 psi, which you could on pump gas. I would also only run the factory turbo pistons or forged, they are stronger than the n/a dished and flat tops. It sounds like you plan on keeping the stock T3. If so that will be your power limiter.