HybridZ

LT1 intake?

Hey guys, what do you think of this intake setup?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=7919755644&rd=1

I know it's not a cold air setup but how big of a deal is that anyway. My LT1 is from a Caprice and I'm getting rid of the big "Home Base" resonator so I'm looking at other setups.

This one is very simple and seems to be a decent price considering a 1LE elbow is $65.00 by itself and then I'd have to spend more on additional piping and a filter.

Wheelman

Guest Jasonv8z

Not a new member, just lost my login info.

To be honest, you could duplicate his kit for a fraction of the cost if you bought a rubber coupler from Home Depot's plumbing section, added a cone filter, and spliced in some extra wire to lengthen the electrical connectors.

I think cold air is a very cost effective mod, especially if you're using drier hose :D. "A few percent," could easily mean 10 hp on a 300hp engine. Following a tip from the Camaro boards, I used the bottom of a shampoo bottle to plug the resonator hole. I brought the elbow to the store, and just tried a bunch. Garnier Fructis worked well, and it was on sale too.

-Jason

Guest GillSS1

Lots of Impala guys have either made the home depot sewer pipe as mentioned above, the 1LE elbow, or simply bought a hockey puck and hose clamped it in the elbow's hole.

Myself, I went with the 1LE elbow. I think that it is a lot cleaner.