HybridZ

1982 280zxt power window problem

Guest kymeria

Guest kymeria

The power window doesn't work and i can't find an electrical schem. for. i got a chilton's book but it doesn't show the power windows. does anyone have a schematic or know where the fuse for it is, cause its not on the passenger side with the others. i would like to get a schematic if its possible. any help is welcome. thanks guys.

So neither power window works or just one? If it just one your probably looking for a bad switch or a bad motor. If its just one window, I would supply my own power and ground to the motor and see if that works. If it does its either wiring or the switch.

There is actually a circuit breaker not a fuse for the PW's. It is located just above the fuse box on the passenger side floor. It is located above the "auxiliary cooling fan motor timer unit"

I have the wiring diagram handy but it isnt much help because my scanner doenst pic up the small lines of the wiring too well. I have a Haynes manual that I got from some auto parts store. It does have the info you are looking for. I think I paid about $12 for it?

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see if this helps..... To check window motors. apply DC 12 volts to motor terminal and make sure motor rotates. Reverse polarity of DC 12 volts and make sure that motor rotates reversley. If neither windows operate check the circuit breaker. Connect one side of a rheostat to + 12V,DC and the other end to the terminal furthest from the mounting bracket of the curcuit breaker. Connect the other terminal of the breaker to an Ammeter. Connect the ammeter to - 12V,DC. Gradually decrease rheostat resistance until ammeter indicates 30 amperes. At this point connector reading should decrease to 0 ampere in about 35 seconds. If motor and circuit breaker are good it's the wiring/connections.

LARRY