HybridZ

Vintage Zcar & Other pictures

RacerX

Great PICS!!! The 610 is for sale. More info here:

http://www.september8th.com/CLASSIFIED.htm

If you go to the front page for September8th.com and click on the races button, scroll down to the VIR SVRA link you can find a shot or two of my car in action.

more on the 610 here:

http://race-cars.com/carsales/other/1084660140/1084660140ss.htm

Ernie..... do you have a rear shot of the Devendorf or Leary car? Those have one more version (my favorite) of the rear flare. I am also very interested in obtaining a set of the Sharp type or Devendorf rear flare for my vintage car.

Speaking of the vintage car.... we will be running it at VIR next weekend 10/15-17. Make sure and stop by if any of you can make it to the track. This should be a great event with the 1967 Mark Donahue light weight Trans Am Camaro. There will also be a '94 Benetton F1 car trying to reset the track record. This event will also have the largest field of S2000 sports racers in recent memory. Even larger than the SCCA Runoffs.

Alan

Yep. They did run a 240/280 car. The time frame seems to be between the B210 and the ZX. There is a photo of it on the factory race poster with the original Camel GT 260 and the Devendorf B 210.

By the way the ZX that is currently on Ebay also was a Camel Pace Car. That car went to Ralph Seagraves when he retired from RJR. Ralph is the guy who Junior Johnson went to see in 1969 or so for a sponsorship when the TV ads got banned. Ralph and Junior then went to the RJR board and it was decided to sponsor the whole series thus making "The WinstonCup."

T. Wayne Robertson took over Ralph's position after his retirement. Along in there Ralph gave the ZX to his son Bill. T. Wayne was killed in a tragic boating accident in Louisiana while courting the Tobasco sponsorship.

Shortly after that the car was given to T. Wayne's son. I saw the car on the street here just a few months ago. It still had the Camel livery on it then. Too bad the paint was ruined. Really the car was purely cosmetic in preperation. It was supposed to resemble the Bob Sharp / Newman twin turbo V8 IMSA car built to compete against the Porsche 935.

Anyway that is the long and short of another Camel car.

There was a last pace/show type car that was sold at auction though......... It was a 1985-86 or so March GTP car. It would not go into reverse. RJR sold it while house cleaning. It went to under $2000.00. Of course I found out about that after the fact from someone who was there. Shame, shame.

Alan

Jamie,

I was there for the Shelby deal. We brought two GT 350 cars. A red '66 and a green '68. Both of them are street cars. We were parked right across from the Shebly trailer/display. That was a fun weekend.

The Z came up shortly after that for the HSR event that summer. You should make plans for 10/15-17 for the SVRA. That will be a hoot too. If you can't make that then try to come down to Kershaw the next weekend for the Triangle Z Club school and Time Trial. These two events will be the last of the season for my Z Car.

Alan

awesome pics racer x! love 'em!! both the 006 & 008 cars reside here in upstate ny [rochester]. dr. allan robbins has the 006 as u stated and dr. tom bork owns & races 008. i'm working on getting them both to track day at wgi [watkins glen intl] to turn some "exhibition laps" for during the 2005 intl z convention here in ny next august. we won't have a firm track date until wgi releases the dates early december this year. i'm fortunate to be track day co-chair along with my good friend chris holmes from the albany z club-zany. our 3 ny clubs, zany, zacny [syracuse] and zccr [rochester] are co-hosting the convention. doc sidewayz, love to have you bring your z up to do some hot lappin at wgi.

david palermo

prez-zccr

http://www.zccr.net