HybridZ

ANOTHER WIN FOR CORZETTE AT THE SAN ANGELO STREET WARS

Corzette

Well its been awhile since Ive posted but good news. I won the title for the second time in my class at the San Angelo Dragway this past Friday night. You can check out the race site at http://www.sanangelodragway.com I am mentioned on the right side in the 12 second bracket. I also had some personal best times in all categories. The weather is cooling down so Im sure thats why things are getting better.

60 Foot 1.84

1/8 7.98 @ 89.5 MPH

1/4 12.36

Best MPH 113.56

Still have the ole 350SBC, however I am gonna install a 75 shot of NOS next month. I figure it wont hurt the engine and Ill be able to beat those DAMN F bodys that are running 150 shots or more. They are only running 11.7/8s. The 383 transplant wont happen until the track closes for the year. man next year will have the 383 plus a 100 shot...should be fun. I guess Ill have to go back to the 354 rear since my 411s will run out way before the traps.... Just wanted to share another win win situation here in TX for all the Hybrid bros and Sisses out there......

Terry

:lol:

I was having probs with vapor locking so the hood thing cured it. However, it should be cool enough now to run with it. By the way, my GTEC said I ran a 13.43 at 104.9 hen I actually ran a 12.38 at 112.45 :shock::shock::shock:

Guy, Im sure your running faster than you think as well! Something to be excited about!

Terry

.., I guess Ill have to go back to the 354 rear since my 411s will run out way before the traps.... Just wanted to share another win win situation here in TX for all the Hybrid bros and Sisses out there..,

I had an inkling the 4.11 would be too steep..however, I also beleive the 3.54 will have the same problem on the other end of the pendilum swing - as in too high of a gear and you wont be able to get into your full peak rpm as you cross the traps.

BTW: what intake manifold did you end up going with? Going back to your 3.54's may require going back to an intake manifold with smaller ports just to keep airflow velocity up where it needs to be as you cross the traps.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an inliner)

John, that Auburn is a friend of mines car. Its a kit car with a LS1. Super Sweet....

Kevin, I am running the dual plane AFR intake port matched to the heads. Since my cam is setup for 6000 RPMs I guess I will keep it on and just change the gears or....run it up to 6500 after I get a rev KIT installed. That way I could have the best of both worlds with out floating valves to worry about. 6500 RPMS would be perfect up to around 120 MPH or so I expect. Anyone wanna calculate that?

Tire is 27 inch, 411 rear at 6500 RPMS???

Thanks for the cudos!!! Oh and the hood does weigh about 43 pounds, so that plus my passenger seat (RECARO and the front hinge, I saved almost 80 plus pounds :shock: Well that means 12.53 to a 12.36 in laymans terms... or 110.7 to 112.5 on average... :D:D Then again...that damn vapor lock... :D

Terry

Terry,

Nice to see that your getting faster..yes the need for speed :D I ran out at Ennis on the 13th of August..Friday the 13th. Should have stayed home. I spunn the #7 & #8 rod bearings :cry: I also had a few intake valves kiss the pistons slightly :shock:

I had to have the crank welded and turned 10. Pistons are being fly cut and I am replacing the #7 rod as it is crap. That said some new bearings and total seal rings and I will be shooting for 10's again.

By the way all this crap was caused by the oil pick up tube coming off the oil pump. I will never use a press in pick up tube again. I will have the damn thing bolted to the pump and welded.

Oh and on that run that caused all the trouble I went 11.40 at 121. No traction.

Mike

Damn Mike, sorry to hear that. I havent heard from ya in awhile. Thanks for the heads up on that pickup. I will do the same during my rebuild. I know youll be in the tens. Keep us posted. I talk about your car all the time here in Angelo becaise these Damn F bodies run 150 Shots of NOS and talk crap about beating me by 5 tenths. I told them that you have basically the same car as mine bur with a 383 and run 11.30s NA. The best here is a 11.4 on a 150shot Trans Am. Man I cant wait. Lead the way Mike Ill take notes..... :D

Terry

Oh I have to ditch this 411 soon too so I would trade for a 370 if any 6 speeders need to swap.... 8)