HybridZ

78 280z door glass a direct replacement for '72 240z ???

waynekarnes

search isn't helping me at all ...

72 240z, driver's door glass got damaged.

i know that the doors are not interchangeable between the 280 and the 240.

there is a 78 280 at the wreckers.

will the door glass interchange ?

is it a direct replacement or are the bolts, screws, track guides, brackets, ect. in different locations.

bought one off a guy parting a 240 on ebay, paid with paypal 2 weeks ago, says he shipped it two days later. not here yet, i think i may have gotten ripped off, just like when i paid steve s,unfortunately a former hybrid member, for the msa aero Ii body kit ... that cost me 400 bucks.

anyway ... any one know ...

will the driver's door glass from a 78 280z be a direct replacement, no mods, remove and bolt in, for the 72 240z door glass ?

thanks! wayne

Definitely the 77-78 door glass will not interchange into the 240Z doors.

There were 3 unique glass types produced for the coupes. Each was produced in two tints. Production dates were:

All Z coupe models to 7/75, 8/75 to 8/76 and from 8/76 through end of S30 model run.

In case any of you are in need or become so later, I hope to soon have a new section on my ZPARTS.COM featuring all Z car door and quarter glass pieces for sale for all models and years from 1970 through 1989 including most 2+2 model years. In fact, by the end of October, my stock of glass collected over 20 years will more than double due to a large flood of new parts cars coming into stock recently.

At the moment I am trying to figure out a way to photograph the details of each production date change for all side pieces of Z car glass including the matching lower metal support channels, the ID of which is key to finding the correct glass for your model's door especially if an improper production date door has been swapped onto your car by former owner.

Anyway, guys, I've got tons of glass in stock to sell ya'll at this point for virtually all Z car models. Please spread the word.

Everyone, thanks for the advice and offer of door glass.

found a real nice 71 at the wreckers today ( left front damaged ), other than the wire wheels, is all stock, appeared to have 91k on it.

other crows had gotten there before me,already stripped a bunch off of it. came in yesterday.

30 bucks later i had the glass in the back of my 86 nissan pl 720.

is there an easier way to get that glass out than taking the whole door apart ?

i pulled the chrome that goes over the top of the glass, the regulator and everything else that was related.

the bolts on the bottom of the glass, holding it to the lower frame, seem to be permanently in place. looked like the bolts were peened, so the nuts would not back off. gave up on that idea, and took the whole door apart.

thanks again, great group of people here !!!