HybridZ

Long time, no Z ! Just a heads up on my car and I...

Wow,

I have hated the way things have been going for the past 2 years. One bad thing after another once the swap was underway with my Z. Fortunately, the owner of the shop that gave me so much trouble is now behind bars! He'll be there for a while too with 3 people filing charges of grand theft totaling nearly $500,000 !!!! That's not including my money, lol! Hooray for justice!

On another note, the Z starts up, runs, drives, sounds incredible and doesn't overheat! It's even got power steering! :)

Right now it is at a body shop getting the last few cosmetic issues sorted out and then it's back home and ready to be released to the public!

I was hoping to get it out to the Z show in Round Rock, TX on the 18th of this month... but some custom hood-latch fabrication needs to be done and will most likely overrun that date. I'm not too concerned though.. I've been waiting for my car since December 2002... I can wait a few more weeks.

Heres all that's left to be done:

- Relocate hood-latch (btw.. no more cowl hood, back to stock :) )

- Install windshield wiper motor and blades (removed when engine was set back)

- Fix rusty area in pit where wiper-motor goes (yuck)

- Re-paint and re-fit the front bumper (got REALLY torn up by a tow truck while I wasn't around to supervise)

- Touch up chips in paint all around the car

- Give me back my car so I can freakin enjoy it!!!

I haven't driven it since I've been up at school, but my dad drove it to the body shop and said, "It's indescribable how this thing makes you feel... it left me breathless. You BETTER NOT be racing in this car when it's done!"

lol, I figured he say something like that! :)

Once it's done at the body shop... I'll be taking it to a muffler shop to get some different tips welded on and the mufflers straightened out.. they don't line up straight right now.

And after that, off to Discount Tire to have them put on my new, polished 18x9 Y2K Cobra R wheels and fit em up with some nice rubber!

I'm excited yet again... nearly 2 years without my car and FINALLY.. it's coming home. And this time I know for sure since it's in the hands of friends... not low-life pathalogical liar Phil. Have fun in prison Phil... I hope Bubba over there bends you over and makes you realize how this world is supposed to work... I'll be out enjoying my car, like I should have been so long ago. :lol:

Ok, ok. ok..... I KNOW I've promised pics, video, audio and all that time and time again. Let me take this time to formally apologize for all the false promises. So many things went wrong and I never had the chance to get ANY of those. So this is my new promise... and it's solid. Once my car has completed the things listed above and is safely at home and finally able to be labeled as COMPLETE... you will have your media... and yes, you will enjoy it! :D

RIght now there is no clear deadline as I do not know how long it will take to fab up the hood latch, but it will be done very soon and I'll be back to show-and-tell.

Take care all, drive safely.. and enjoy your Z's a little extra to make up for the long time I've been without mine. :)

It's good to be back,

-Vann

hey man sounds awesome!

my friend is one of the 3 ppl i think that has charges filed agaisnt that shop.

his name is Jason with a black Z06.

anyways im now in houston and i soooo wanna see your Z when its done!

best of luck.

mike

You BETTER NOT be racing in this car when it's done!"

LOL! suuurree he's not gonna be racing dad, all of this is just for cosmetic and engineering purposes only. :D:D:D

Sounds like Phil will become Phil-amina after they get thru with him.

Nice to see everything is finally falling in place for you Vann, hope to see more "show and tell" stuff really soon.

:2thumbs::2thumbs::cheers: