HybridZ

Fuel pump- Best and quitest.. please help!!

Hi Terry:

I am using a Holley pump as well. At first I had it hard mounted to the frame. Then used some mount insulators to quieten things down some. From there I put two sections of braided line on ether side to stop the noise traveling along the frame rails transmitted through the fuel lines. It’s all whisper quiet now.

My MSD pump was as loud as hell when I first got it running (95 LT1) then I checked the fuel pressure, it was 60 psi!

I had stupidly thought I could get away with the stock fuel lines for a while, but when I pulled the return off the regulator and dumped it into a can rather than returning it to the tank I found that the the pressure was perfect AND the pump was dead quiet. I installed Camaro sized lines and have been smileing ever since. :lol:

Mike

I got my pump from Top End Performance. I believe it is a Bosch unit. I'm not sure of the model #. It was on the expensive side($200) but it is extremely quiet and I haven't had any problems with it in 3+ years on my injected car. Just another option.