HybridZ

koni "d" strut inserts for street...

I have a problem...

I ordered the koni "d" strut rear inserts for my car because I found them for realy cheap. As it sits, my car has no suspension upgrades at all. Actualy, I have a seized left rear shock that doesn't allow any suspension movement at all. I found out that the koni "d" strut inserts according to dave on arizonazcar.com are only sold with their coilover kit and camber kit because they are extremely stiff. Would it be fine to just install these inserts with the stock springs on the softest setting until I buy some stiffer springs? Also, when I do get the stiffer springs, what would be a reasonable spring rate to go on these koni "d" inserts and maintain street drivability? I want to upgrade the front strut inserts since I am doing the back ones, so would the tokico illuminas be a good complement to the koni "d" inserts, and what springs would go with the illuminas on the front? Would arizonazcar.com's sport springs be a good choice for illumina front and koni "d" rear insterts with the 180lb front and 200lb rear rates

I am not opposed to selling the koni "d" inserts and going with a different rear set-up if they will be way too harsh for street (I know about harshness with my seized shock :lol: )

Sorry about all the questions but I need to figure all this out.

I run the D's on my track car. I originally put them in when it was a street car with 200lbs springs. They were kidney busting stiff, even on the softest setting. The did soften up some over time though. I would set them on the softest setting before putting them in. If you decide to sell them let me know. I am in need of some rears on my DD. I'm tired on bouncing.

olie u could get a gabriel strut on ebay for like 30 dollars as a temporary replacement for your bad strut, i have them on my Z ~1500 miles and they are fine, i couldnt afford anything really nice when it was time to get the car on the road so i went for the most cost effective and im happy with them for now...

hey clifton could you send me some more detailed pictures of your custom dash in your race car? im looking to do something custom and im having some trouble deciding what i want it to look like. my email is peej410 :) sorry if its post whoring.