HybridZ

changing the MAF

Guest MaXbOOst

Guest MaXbOOst

hi ,

i was wondering what i could do , to swap in a diffrent AFM or MAF...

ive heard of swapping it for a mustang one , but JWT says the ecu has to be programmed to accept the for MAF

it really gets in my way of doing I/C piping , so i was thinking i could also lengethen the wires and run it infront of the radiator ( where that compartment is......) and stick a block of wood in it

( so it sends a ecu signal) , and let it be.....but thats the ghetto way :?

i tried searching i didnt get much..........

lets hear what you guys have done...........i know megasquirt , but thats done the road another year or so.......

If you are careful you can run the pipes throught next to the AFM. Thats how mine was for a long time.

You might try this http://www.splitsec.com/ They don't have a kit for our cars but, you might give then a call and see what they can do.

Every now and then I see a JWT setup for sale used on the net. Thats what I have and makes a huge diffence.

are you asking for a complete list?

Computer is the older JWT setup that I bought used from a member of Hybrid Z. It uses the 85 Z31 computer and MAF + 420cc injectors. I'm sure the newer version is even better than what I have. Better computer and the MAF is larger. The JWT setup is not the end-all-be-all computer but, you'd be hard pressed for it's ease of installation and flexiblilty. Especially if your like me and most of us. Not a computer programmer. I have no dought that given the time to learn all the in's and out's of a programable computer I could replicate what I have now but, I would have missed all the fun of enjoying the car for the time being. This is my daily driver. Down time is not a good thing.

If you want a complete list let me know and I'll start thinking about all the stuff that been done over the years.

If you are careful you can run the pipes throught next to the AFM. Thats how mine was for a long time.

I did mine the same. 2 2.5 IC pipes.... It will fit Rory, you might need to push your AFM down a little more that all. It's not easy when our ZX's weren't ZXT to begin with. LOL but, when there's a will there's a WAY!!!! :wink:

• 2 months later...