HybridZ

Hesitation...kinda

Alright I have done some searching but haven’t found exactly what I need. The problem is that my car (260z with a l28 Turbo) seems to choke on light accel. The car starts perfect, but when I step on it seems to... hit kinda a dead spot, but after that it revs up to redline no problem. It is just that part throttle that... just delays for a second. I am trying to explain the best i can, anyway any help you "guys" may have would be appreciated.

im having this prob too on my 77 280z with a L28ET and 77 ecu and harness.

like in vacuum at part throttle it surges abit and sounds like its getting to much fuel..

same prob?

mike

Sounds like the same problem I am having also. Can't find any cures or vacumm leaks yet. Mine happens at about 1000 or 1100 rpm. Let us know how it goes.

81zxturbo

95slobaru

I'm gona *guess* :oops: that it is an AFM issue guys.. Have you tried pulling the black cover off and adding a bit of tension to the spring in there? Reasoning; at idle, the flap in the AFM is bareley open.. as you step into it, it draws air in but posibly opens the flap TOO much at first (due to the lack of spring tension) causing the ecu to become confused and dump a wee bit too much fuel for a second? it would bog, drop the flap back a bit, and as the revs pick up, it 'catches' itself and it runs properly...

Well in my situation, that would not apply. I am running a 300zx ecu, mass airflow sensor, coil and transistor and crank sensor. I had the same problem before doing the swap, when I had the afm, and that is one of the reasons I did the swap. The "hesitation" is the only problem that stayed when I did the ecu changeover. That is why I think it might be a mechanical or vacumm problem. But of course everyone's problem can have a different cause. Adjusting the afm spring on one of my previous zx's made it run better.

81zxturbo-no more flapometer! :D

95slobaru