HybridZ

Fuel Surge Tank Supplier

I posted this under the Fuel Delivery forum but I thought I would also post it here:

After Tim showed us his "el Cheapo Surge tank " I did some looking around and I found a guy that will make a surge tank for you for around $85 plus shipping.

I found him on eBay and he was selling this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7917340846&category=33602

It looks like good quality and the welds look nice.

I wrote to him and asked if he could make one to my specs and here is his reply:

"Hi, I was wondering if you could make a surge tank similar to this one you advertise but for use as a fuel surge tank? You can see what I am talking about if you check out this website: http://www.sdsefi.com/techsurge.htm

I would be interested in one for my current project. If you can do it, since it is similar to the tank you already make but it would have 4 fittings on it, How much would it be? Thanks for your time. David

David,

Yes, I can fab a tank for you. Since my tanks use 1/2" thick end caps, I can put three 1/4" npt threads on one end and 1 on the other. If you'd rather have bungs welded on the sides, I can do it that way, too. The price would be around $85.00 plus shipping. If you need it polished, it would be another 15 or 20 dollars. Let me know what you want to do!

Brian"

Here is his email address: fritz7987@ev1.net

I hope this helps someone out there.

I told him that I would share this info with the Hybrid Z list and he welcomes our business.

For my project, I just picked up a baffled, fuel injected gas tank from a 76 280Z that I plan to install instead of using the surge tank and the 2 pump method. I will try this first and if it doesn't do the job, I will have this guy make me a surge tank and add it later.

I'm planning on using the Perma-Cool Fuel Filter and Water Separator Kit from Summit, part number PRM-81794. It's a high capacity fuel filter with dual inlets and dual outlets (perfect for the JTR type setup) plus it's a filter, and has a drain petcock on the bottom. And it's only $35.

I've already got one, and I checked, I can get replacement filters for it for $4 at the local farm & fleet, plus all I need to adapt it to any size hose is a couple of hose barbs that fit 1/2" NPT threads. I think It's a good system.

One thing I'm doing to make it a resevoir, instead of just a filter, is extending the internal pick-up tube to the bottom, right now it only goes down about 1/4 of the way. But there is a nice thick piece of the housing that I can cut threads into, and just screw on a nipple and short section of tube.