HybridZ

SAFC1/2 with l28ET?

Guest Cronic

Has anyone gotten this to work? My friend tried getting one to work with his L28et in a maxima, and couldn't get it to work for the life of him, and gave up on it.

This would make things much easier for everyone to run a band-aid like this if we could.

I almost got it to work in my '77 280Z about a year or two ago (if the posts are here still you can see).

The problem was that the 280z's tach signal didn't really jive with the SAFC...however, now I have an MSD (with a tach output)...so, I could probably get it to work this go around...assuming I still had my SAFC.

It's doable, but, you may end up having to invest in a different ignition or at least some kind of adapter.

Guest bastaad525

Do a search, I know there was a good thread with lots of info about running this type of unit with ZX EFI like 6 mos - 1 year ago. I do remember the conclusion being pretty much what awd92gsx said... that as long as you could get a clean tach singal to it it could work. I think yo2001 either got one working or figured it out and knew what was needed. Find that old thread bro.

search function isn't working for me! it's drivign me nuts. My AFM is now giving me issues, sticking and crappy running car when the TPS is plugged in!

This sucks! I lost to a nearly stock LS1 sat night, and Im pissed.