HybridZ

New update on Ole Blue Z...

Guest ON3GO

well its at 8-10psi and im loving it.

i got a early birthday gift from my uncle.

got this..

02713101.jpg

heres the specs:

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=4349&prmenbr=361

also got a 16inch electric fan too, best part was Jegs threw in a JAZ overflow bottle with the deal!!! was happy about that :D

my friend also just made his own Alcohol injection system for his turbo volvo so im thinking about putting one on the blue Z to try it out.

gonna raise the boost abit higher once i put the MSD 6-BTM unit on and the Blaster 2 coil, and new NGK-R plugs.

if i can get the guy who i bought my used slicks from on the phone ill have them too on some stock steelie Z wheels.

also ill be putting in some new black carpet in it (so far its half out and on has one seat :D) and ill be redoing some of the wiring i found under the dash that was a mess.

also on the way home from school i was playing around with a new evo.

red and pretty!

he was stock and from a 2nd gear punch i just barely beat him by a car or so!

boost was spiking to 11 and staying around 9-10.

from a stop i would have lost.. that i know but i was all happy!

anyways i need to say thanks to Chris again for helping me figure out my problem with the Z... its now working 99% great, small miss but nothing bad at all!

mike

So what was wrong with it? Did I miss that post?

Guy

ya.. :) no prob though.

i had a vacuum leak right off the turbo and wastegate.

it was making the boost do werid things and the afm do werid things.

it pulls real nice now!

mike

glad you got everything worked out on ole blue. You should be proud you beat an evo. Those are pretty fast even without the AWD launch.

dude you have NO idea. i was screaming "HOLY CRAP, NO WAY, BOOST B!TCH BOOOOOST"!!!

lol

and Yasin ill get all info and post it as soon as i get all the details.

dont wanna say something and then it be false or wrong.

mike

And you said you were done with ole blue. You should have known Mike. Z's own you' date=' you dont own them. lol

Have fun[/quote']

lol sad but true.

when i hit my 12 sec pass in this car ill be done with perfmance work.

paint and body work is next and so is inteior.

ill have it done before next year is up.

mike

Guest Chris240turbo

building your own alcohol injection sounds easy, but it's not really, call me up and we'll talk about it there mikey! 2 ways to go about it on your car, either before the turbo, which works only OK, the compressor atomizes the h2o pretty well, altough it might hurt turbo life? the other, prolly better set up uses a high PSI pump, and a nozzle that'll spray a fine mist, you'll need a pump that will put out maybe 20 psi, or at least for sure more than whatever boost you want to run, wouldn't work too well if you're running 10 psi boost, and your h2o pump is <10psi...

I messed with an alcohol inj. set up years ago, triggered by an adjustable Hobbs switch, and could never make it work worth a damn, not to say it can't be done, but, how many high power turbo cars do you see running it? not many, at least not somewhere that you can still buy 93 octane pump gas, like here. 8)