HybridZ

Krown rust preventive

staledale

Hi, do any of you gut up north know anything about Krown rust preventing products? I'm interested in the spray cans. Does it work, how much does it cost, and can someone mail some? I contacted krown and they won't deal direct. They told me to contact one of their dealers. Anyone know the price of a can? Thanks guys

Thanks Innerware, but not quite the same thing. Krown is to be sprayed in the inner fenders, rockers, doors, ect,ect. It is a type of oil that creeps between metal parts that are spot welded, and crimped (door bottoms). It kind of jells over then. If it is scraped or scratched it will spread back over. kind of heal itself. It will stay and not drip out like reg. motor oil, and it doesn't have acids in it like some oil.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Glenn, It's been a while, I'm working on everyone elses car but my own. Just started on the Z roadster I've got, have a sbc or 500 cad for it. Just bought 280yz rear fenders off John Washington today for it. The GTO V-12 is next. In fact I just got my wire wheel adaptors for that car.

How do those new cams work? Are they worth the change? Have you been to the drag strip with them?

About that krown, How much does it cost a can? I thought about getting a case of it if it's any good. It sounds like a good idea, but..... is it?

I’m glad to here that you are going to put in the twelve.

The new cams are in. The major pain was finding shims for the valves. I ended making up my own out of tool steel. They seem to holding up well…no new noises. The power band has moved up about a thousand RPM with more power, but not gobs of it. I was a little disappointed with all the time invested in the cam change. The car does make a nicer sound though. Very unique.

Up here Krown is a company that applies the rust proofing. It costs about $75 US or $100 CDN and saves the car so we just let them do it once a year. You can get the same results with thick chain saw oil. But as you know oil does evaporate or gets washed out over time. As far as I know you cannot buy it in a can. I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Good luck with the cars Dale.

Ps: A thread you might be interest in.

http://www.hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=272871#272871