HybridZ

Double the injectors, double the power????

CZCAR

Guest Brian260ZT

Reminds me of the engine that the owner of SFD engines (Dallas) built years ago. He turbo'd a 280Z engine (dropped it in a 240z). Due to a lack of EMU's at the time , he put in a full (EDIT: EXTRA set for a total of 12 injectors) set of injectors with their own ECU, pump, and tank. He used racing fuel in the small tank. Apparently it ran very well.

Last I check with him he had the car for sale.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I do have a 12 injector set up on my 81 zx turbo coupe.

I have the injectors staged so when under boost the second set of injectors come on for added fuel, and the added precaution of running lean. The build and set up is almost complete and I'll update you both if you want.

My current set up is a new L28ET block (bottom end), ported and polished P90A head w/ HKS cam, Haltech E6K Engine Management Computer, MSD 7AL II ignition w/ pro coil, Turbonetics T60-1 Ceramic Ballbearing turbo, Cartech intercooler, Cartech wastegate and blow off valve, Aeromotive fuel pump w/ Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.

I attached a link to my web page on zdriver.com which has a photo of the 2 injector rails.

http://zdriver.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5693&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer as best as I can.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Staged injection is what we are talking about here, I'm setting up a Honda with a Microtec for 8 injectors now. This set up's work good for drivablity and intakes that need stratigic injector placement. I can run a 850cc injector full sequential on a L28 with good result, two sets of 440's are doable too. Horsepower hungry freaks.

Alex

Sweet :twisted: ! That is awesome not to mention makes very good sense(I think :| ). Thinking about it, a turbocharger causes the car to run lean, so I can see how the supplementary injectors could make the balance more equal. Does this make the car more prone to detonation :( or less prone :-D ? If the answer is less prone I'll have to consider this option in my engine concept. :D Keep up the nice work, I can't wait to see the numbers that engine creates. :2thumbs:

Guest Chris240turbo

staged injection would seem to be best suited to an application needing LOTS of fuel, using the primary injectors only for fueling up to, or just before 0 manifold pressure, then bringing the secondary injectors online at, or slightly before any positive manifold pressure, this would let you run smaller primary injectors, as some ECU set ups have a tough time controlling the very short pulse widths required for a good idle with a set of very large single injectors, I've never done it, but it seems like a doable solution, done correctly. but as Alex said, there are systems out there that will run sequentially fired 850cc injectors on an L28 with no problems, so it would seem staged injection would maybe be more of a full race kind of thing...