• 3 weeks later...

The Good: :-D

1. it's a caddy 472

2. it's lighter than a chevy big block

3. it makes more torque than chevy big block

The Bad: :cry:

1. it's yours, not mine

The Ugly: :oops:

1. the look on the guy's face you just spanked!

p.s. did I mention that it's a caddy? Ran a 472 in my 79 el camino for years and loved it! :D green with envy!

TRICKZ

thats just to keep the dust out for now. thats all i had around the shop. i work at a auto parts store in canada. so i don't have a problem trying different air filters. i ordered a nice looking oval one but i will have to cut an oval in the hood. im trying to keep it as stock looking as i can. when i put the hood back on then i'll see which is the best fit.

I've just started stripping down my 77 280, but it's going to get a 454/th700r for power. Looking at the few pics of BBC zcars I've seen online, it looks like you either go with a power robbing uber small air cleaner or mod the hood. I'm going to try and mod the stock hood bubble into a cowl scoop. A little wider and taller. I'd like to get a 14x3 filter under the hood, a 14x4 would be great.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I have a '70 Caddy 500 with 400hp/550tq stock that's just sitting there gathering dust. Think you could hook me up with a set of mounts? Any tips? This thing is some heads, a cam, and intake away from 600hp, right?

Your 1970 engine is set up for Leaded gas, watch it, the valve seats are softer than modern engines and like to degrade on unleaded fuel I heard.

The 1971 was the first engine with "unleaded fuel" It had 365HP and 550LB-ft. and it was DAMN fast for a 5100lb car. :cry: I miss it, but it was ugly as heck and impossible to park. Handeled like a drunken elephant. :D But fun!