HybridZ

You think my flywheel is bad.....pics

80LS1T

Here's some pics of my T56 flywheel and Center Force Dual Friction clutch. It started to chatter after about 500 miles of driving and it only got worse as time when on.

When I resurfaced the flywheel it had some hot spots on it but I was too cheap to get a new one. Since after the machining they were gone I figured it would be ok :roll: ...now I wish I had bought a new flywheel! Now I have to buy a new clutch set up and a new flywheel! :x

CFDF_Clutch_disc-285x182.jpg

Big pic of clutch discAlmost to the rivets! :shock:

Flywheel_hotspots-285x181.jpg

Big pic of flywheelGot hotspots! :shock:

Guy

Looks bad, any cracking? I once had a parts yard send me a flywheel with lots of little hair line cracks in it, the surface looked very much like yours. I made sure to get a re-surfaceable one to replace it.

Looking on ebay you could probably get one from $25-$200 + shipping.

Oh a CFDF will not be going back in! It had pretty good holding power but the clutch chatter drove me nuts! It wasnt just a little it made it sound like my motor was going to drop a rod through the oil pan when the cluch pedal wasnt pressed in!

What are you guys recommendations?

I priced out the LT4 set up today at work.....its about $750 for a disc, PP, flywheel, and throw out bearing. Its too high if you ask me for a stock set up.

I have been looking at the SLP and Spec stage 2/3 set ups. Any experiences with these?

Guy

I personally went and had robin @ superior friction build me a clutch. I'll be straight honest with you tho. The clutch I now have in the car is holding, but the first 2 clutches he sent me were worthless. So I got a clutch at an awesome price...put I pulled the tranny 3 times. I'm not sure he really believed me when I told him the hp and torque numbers I was aiming for. I'll just leave things at that. If you're interested, do a search for his website or e-mail me and I can get his phone number for you. If you're familiar with Jeffp's 280zxt, he did the clutch for that car too.

James