HybridZ

TC rods flipped from back to front?

Guest cowboy6280

Guest cowboy6280

Looking down on the car in plan view... in stock form the TC rods go from the strut towards the rear of the car. could one switch the left and right so that they go from the strut towards the front of the car? I understand new mounting locations would have to be fabbed but... would this be very bad thing to attempt? I was just looking to gain a little more elbow room between the 'frame rails' and eliminate the 'cups' the TC rods originally mount to in their stockl location. I am replacing my sheet metal boxed rails with tubing anyway and thought while I was at if I could flip the TC rods around so I could get a little more elbow room for the steering and exhaust. (this is on a 280z) thanks

510's and 280ZX's are done this way, but they are rear steer meaning the tie rods and steering box are behind the crossmember. Your 280Z is front steer. I think you'd need to switch it to rear steer so that the tie rods didn't interfere with the TC rods.

I suppose it's all possible, but it sure seems easier to deal with the exhaust.