HybridZ

lt1 corvette accessory bracket interchangeable accessories

I'm dressing an 96 F body LT1 for installation in Z. I wish to run ac, ps, and alternator from my F body on the corvette accessory bracket. One post on this issue seems to say that corvette accessories are unique and one c/n bolt ps,alt, or ac from F body to vette. That post also seems to state that the harmonic balancer must also be changed over to the vette unit. Bottom line, what accessories will bolt to the vette bracket and can I keep the original harmonic balancer (drive pulley)if I use the vette bracket?

Thanks for any directions. Two specialized LT1/LS1 lots (Alabama & Texas) quoted $1,000.00 for entire bracket and accessories.

GW

I am not sure about the compatability of the accessories between F-body and corvette. I do believe the Corvette harmonic balancer and pulley set up is offset differently from the face of the motor. I think S&P sells a spacer to make one work with the other. Here is their link:

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/

Danny