HybridZ

Return line with summit fuel cell & injection?

auxilary

holla folks. question for you all. My setup is as follows:

-summit pro street 16 gallon sumped plastic fuel cell w/ anti slosh foam/gm senser

-8an line to gravity fed walbro 255lph (43psi avg) inline external fuel pump, goes to:

-8an line into a Y block to 2 -6an lines to 2 fuel rails, returning to:

aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with 2 inlets, 1 outlet. Outlet (return) goes to fuel cell

PICT0058.sized.jpg

Can I plumb the return line into the second fitting on the sump, or does it need to be plumped from the top of the fuel cell so the fuel drips down into the cell?

I have my return line plumbed to the second outlet of my cell (no foam) and have had no issues. I have since installed a surge tank with second low pressure pump with the overflow return back to the bottom.

If you do return to the top, you will have to drill a second hole in the cell for a vent/breather.....

Tim

This was yacked about before. Several guys said,"Oh no! you don't want to plumb your return into your sump! Turbulance, and bubbles, and lions and tigers and bears! Oh my!"

Turbulance schmurbulance. I've had my return plumbed into the sump since I built it and no problems. (baffled sump)

I have the return going back into the sump on my custom spare tire well fuel cell, and it works fine. In fact I have had the cover off the cell with the egine running, and there are no bubbles coming into the sump from the return line. Have done 10 track sessions with the car so far, and have had no problems with starvation.