HybridZ

Have DVD, now: How to rip?

Tim240z

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

Go there and download dvdshrink, its freeware. It will allow you to rip the video off your dvd and store it on your computer as an iso or other file type. Then you either burn it to a blank dvd if you have a dvd burner, make a SVCD if you have a regular cd burner or you can reauthor the video to a smaller lower quality video file for distrobution on the web. PM me if you need any help with this, I would be glad to help you get this setup and I can host files on the web for ya.

Jonesy

Well, I have managed to rip the DVD, and then convert to AVI....however, when I play the .avi file (which takes about 2 hours to convert from DVD !!!), it plays upside down and back to front!!! It's really wierd, like I am inside the TV,looking out the screen, watching the show.....

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!

what codecs do you have installed on your pc' date=' tim?

edit: also, what are you playing the avi with?[/quote']

Codecs: Hell I don't know.....

Both Real Player and Windows Media Player....both do the same thing...

woah... what are you trying to do there tim? if you are wanting to turn the full DVD into a cd then the VCD is the way to go. however, if you are wanting to publish to the web a section (or the whole thing) you might want to consider using divX. http://www.divx.com basicly it's a very compact, high quality compresion codec widely used to distribute video.

as for upside down and backwards.... um, yeah... i got nothing.

gabe