HybridZ

ford 5.0 HO

Guest dwinthrup

Guest dwinthrup

what we have is a 1993 ford 5.0 HO out of a thunderbird :-D . will be pulled shortly 130k on it maybe 4 sale if any intrest is peeked :-D

need to make engine bay room for a 351w :twisted: mmm

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dwinthrup

they are the only diff between truck t-bird and mustang is the truck has diff cam and intake. t-bird has milder cam and not as high performence as mustang but still alike my brother knows all the diff in very descriptive detail but that is the jist of it

When they originally came out the Ford dealer told me that the T Bird had an intake that was more restrictive than the Mustang and that was the dif. in the h.p. rateing. Don't know about the camshaft, I know that the changed the cam from year to year tho. It was supposed to be a roller cam motor.

Adios Amigos,

Guest sc0tty8

90, 91, 92, 93 Got the 5.0ho motor. 200hp, 275tq

It is diff then the stang and the f150 5.0, the mn12(89-97tbird/cougar) got its own intake manifold, which, is shorter then the stang manifold.

The heads/cam combo offer lower range torque, and, the car does need it, since, empty it is about 3800 pounds.

It also got its own cam shaft, and, the exhaust was really fuggin' restrictive.

With the cam that is in it, with the exhaust that came with the car, after it has been hacked n chopped up, it sounds like a truck when I get on her, really nice n mean.

The stang, got a bit more agressive tuning in the eec, a diff cam profile, a stang specific intake, a diff air muffler, diff headers, and diff exhaust piping.

The truck 5.0 intake has square runners in the intake, which, help with low end tq, that is why every after market intake has square runniers. What about the gt 40 intake? That is not aftermartket, it came on the cobra stangs, the gt40 and cobra intake are the same.

Oh, btw, the motor that is for sale is in my car, take the motor, rad and trans for 750$, you get the stock intake and the stock headers, I am keeping my good stuffs:p

Need to get rid of the parts, I am thinking something in the 351-418ci range;)