HybridZ

Antenna Ideas???

Gollum

Ok, i searched for "antenna" and only got 3 pages of results. And almost all close matched where dealing with power antennas. So please don't scold me and say "Search the Forum you idiot!"

Ok, i want a stubby antenna for my 81ZX. Any ideas on what would fit the stock hole for the power antenna? I won't want to have to deal with enlarging the hole or buying rubber covered washer to make it fit. So has anyone use a stubby from another car? I was thinking of using a bettle antenna. I'll see if i can get the dimensions on those...

I like my power antenna, I think it was $30 at the local autozone.

However, if a stubby antenna is your wish, I still recomend the autozone, advance, or whatever parts store you prefer. There are inexpensive generic antennas everywhere, and I'm sure it'll be no trouble getting them to fit.

I bought a universal power antenna, and it fit fine with no modifications, I'm sure the standard antenna will be just as easy. The universal kit comes with several sizes of mounts and should fit about any car.

I also got a 6 foot antenna wire extension so I could run the thing around to the passenger side before I sent it up to the front, but depeneding on your application, you might not need one.

actually just today i found my antenna (on a car, i havn't bought it yet). The antennas on a honda element are about 5 inches long and sit at the perfect angle and should mirror the windshield angle perfectlly. I'm gonna run down to the local honda dealer and see how much one would run me. I'll post pics of the conversion so everyone can see it done.

Just don't get the flexible rubber type. They look cool when the car is stopped and you're looking at it. Then you're driving down the road and your antenna (that you can't see now) is flopping around like crazy behind you. I hate those things. :lol: