HybridZ

How to access R200 fill/check bolt???

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Wasn't really sure where to put this.

I have an R200 3.54 diff from a 280ZXT in my 240z, and am using the R200 moustache bar (I believe from the same car? I'm not sure... but I know it''s not the stock 240 moustache bar).

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get to the oil fill/check bolt on the back of the diff... the moustache bar blocks access to it, and though there is enough room to get a finger or two in there, I can't get my regular 1/2" socket wrench to fit.

So what do I do? The guys at Jiffy Lube also couldn't get to it... and I really want to change the oil in there, it's long overdue. Do I need to remove the moustache bar? Or is there some other tool you guys use or some particular kind of wrench?

:lol: Well if the guys at Jiffy Lude can’t do it then it can’t be done... :lol:

Seriously, you can remove the transverse link bar that goes across the back of the diff. This is the piece that ties the two rear lower crossmembers together. Yes, there are eight bolts to remove but it can be done fairly quickly.

This will give you just enough access room and is a lot easier than removing the moustache bar.

Guest bastaad525

okay I'm not sure what part you're talking about. You say it's also behind the diff... is it above/below/in front of/in back of the moustache bar? I"m not even sure the part I''m referring to as the moustache bar, really is the moustache bar :)

So there is no way to get to it w/o removing some parts?