HybridZ

280zx turbo vs chevy v8

Guest SlateFox

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the relability of the L6 I have a "built" Turbo N20 L6 stroker motor and I have over 200 drag launches on it and around 15,000 street miles.The reliabilty of a stock parts L6 tends to be around 300rwh and the major limitation I have seen is the stock pistons.When is the last time you heard of someone throwing a rod on a L series motor?I had an all junkyard parts NA 3 liter stroker that race prepped with a cam and header and a 120hp shot of N20 to the wheels.I ran over 80 10 lb bottles of N20 thru the motor in a year with no major relability issues.The car made 256rwh and 278fpt and would run 12`s all day long.My current car is getting a motor freshening up then I plan on running a bigger turbo and a smaller shot of N20, still making over 500rwh.That said a junkyard turbo motor with some upgrades to it will be a pretty quick car.

A friend on mine on this site 240prace owns a 240z that we just put my old SDS sytem on.He has a t3/t4 turbo with a 50AR housing and a 57 trim wheel on the impeller and a front mount IC with a 60mm TB and a turbo x blowoff valve with 2.5" tubbing for the turbo/IC and 3" exhaust.This is a junkyard bottom end with a rebuld after He detonated and broke some stock pistons.He will be running around 15psi of boost and making around 300rwh until He puts forged pistons in the motor and can up the boost to 20 or so psi.The car has run a 12.9 ( and that being the drivers first ever pass at a dragstrip).