HybridZ

opinion question...

Guest SlateFox

Guest SlateFox

which engine is the best in every way, raceable, fast, but still street legal? also how much should i save up for a complete v8 engine swap? like on average how much will it cost?

which engine is the best in every way, raceable, fast, but still street legal? also how much should i save up for a complete v8 engine swap? like on average how much will it cost?

Destroked 400 block with AFR heads http://airflowresearch.com/articles/article03/A3-P1.htm and Edelbrock 4D fuel injection. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mpfi_systems.html You didn't ask, but I'd mate it to a T56 6-speed tranny and run it through an R200 differential in an early 240Z for lighter weight. As long as you didn't drive like an ass, I don't think it'd break.

This combo should put out 415 hp and 435 ft/lbs on 87 octane gasoline. It's just my opinion, but I have a hard time imagining it would be easy to hook up anything over 400 hp. Anything more than that seems excessive.

Cost? Probably in the neighborhood of $10,000 to finish it out. The engine is about 2/3 that, and I'm thinking that by the time you get through nickel and diming yourself to death (coil, distributor, accessories, balancer, etc. etc. etc. ) you'll be about at that point.

What do y'all think?

I think RPMS is still close.You'll have 5k in the engine,the rest in mounts,cables,brackets,exhaust,electrical,while I'm at its...,Tires,better brakes,fuel lines,gauges,new shifter,bigger radiator,electric fans,hoses,gonna need an alternator aint cha?custom driveshaft,should I go on? :roll::D:D