HybridZ

R200 Rebuild with Quaife

Guest jimhalsey

Guest jimhalsey

Can anyone recommend a differential shop in LA area or elsewhere if neccessary who is qualified to rebuild an R200, with new ring and pinion and Quaife LSD ? Its going under my 72 240Z with Viper engine and 6 speed trans. I can source the Quaife separately or through the shop.

Jim,

simply awesome! Curious though after what the swap entailed that you did not go all the way and also do the Viper IRS. The Viper diff and batwing is identical to the C4 DANA44 and I cannot imagine the swap would have been any more difficult than my C4 IRS swap. With what it will cost to do a R200/Quaife, beefed-up CVs, CV adaptors, 5-lug conversion, tada yada..... and you will always still be on the brink of snapping those CVs with that monster.

Guest jimhalsey

Wow, I can see the value of your C4 approach. However, not wanting to be any more of a pioneer than I already am, and considering that I have already invested in the full boat Arizona Z suspenion pkg, Wilwood brakes, 5 lugs etc and considering that the car will have stock fenders, at most 9" wheels in the rear and that it will be traction limited, and that it will not be drag raced and only occasionally open tracked, I will stick with the R200/Quaife approach with CV upgrade. Maybe down the road I will feel the need to reengineer this but this car is intended to be a comfortable, understated street car. We'll see.