HybridZ

VG30e into a 280zx

Guest 305240

I've searched untill I'm blue in the face. Everything ends up turbo. All I want to do is install my 84 V6 with an auto into my 81 280zx. Could someone please send me in the right direction. I've seen some pretty clean swaps into the 510's and want the same look in my Z. Thanks.

Dude.. if it's not turbo, it should be a fairly simple swap into a ZX.. Only thing to make/check clearence for would be exhast.. Basicaly, I'd stick the motor/trans in the car (with maifolds and Y pipe attached if possible..) where you want (back fairly far I guess..) and fab mounts for that.. keeping in mind angle of the drive shaft.. who knows maybe some Nissan stuf would 'bolt up' and depending on where you placed the engine/trans, you could make a driveshaft easily.. Figure out the wiring.. that will be the hard part.. I'd bet most of the guages would plug into the V6 engine/harness, or could be made to work easily (I find going Nissan to Nissan, or.. ford to ford, ect is always easier that Chev to Mazda, ford to Volvo.. ect.) Hope that helps a bit.. I dono about anyone who has done this swap though..

Thanks. I'm thinking it has to be a fairly straight forward swap. I don't know if I'd be gaining much if any HP. It's just that I have these two items and figured, why not?

I know my 5.0 swap into my 72 is turning out to be super easy and cheap so far. The driveshaft being the most costly mod. Mounts cost me 11 bux I believe.