HybridZ

Getting motor runnin?!?!

Guest bastaad525

L28 Turbo motor has a better pump, but I don't know by how much. I think it just runs a stiffer spring I'm not 100% sure though. So maybe it could be something you could do, to swap over to the L24 pump, but use the L28 spring and get the same effect? Someone else here would probably know if you could do that. I know for sure though the L28ET pump flows more/better/more pressure, and you don't want to sacrifice that.

I still say... chances that it's the pump are slim, I'd put money on a bad clog, but, if you got the pump, well it's only a couple hours work to find out for sure.

The turbo pump is larger and provides more volume. There are comp springs you can buy if you need more pressure, but that is generally not necessary unless you're running a big oil cooler and remote filters or something like that.

If your pump lost its prime you can take it off and pack it with vaseline then put it back on and that should provide enough suction to get the oil up out of the pan again.

Put it on TDC #1 so that if you drop the distributor shaft out you can find #1 again.

awsome, thanks for the info jmortensen, thats really what i wanted to hear. ill take it off and do that this monday. Just a quick question what is the correct size of the bolt on dampner, that i would use to manually turn motor over, ive checked all mine dont think i have it, if anyone knows of the top of there head. thanks again, hope that works!!!

awsome, thanks for the info jmortensen, thats really what i wanted to hear. ill take it off and do that this monday. Just a quick question what is the correct size of the bolt on dampner, that i would use to manually turn motor over, ive checked all mine dont think i have it, if anyone knows of the top of there head. thanks again, hope that works!!!

Obviously the bolt is metric and I don't know off hand what the size is, but I have a standard sized offset box end wrench that works well for that. I think it's about a 1-1/16" or 1-1/8" If I had to guess, it would be the first one. Hope that helps.