HybridZ

7MGTE dyno

Clifton

Guest znow white

congrats clifton :D wow! any track times? I always like that swap or even the newer supra jz's because i wish we could keep it nissan but there are more available than rb's what kind of fabrication did you to mount engine trans? watch out for those headgaskets on those 7mgte kaboom :evil:

btw on your road racer z which intercooler are you using from the supra im asking this because a fellow zedder gave me his TT supra IC because he upraded to a bigger spearco unit. he was running 19 psi wit no problems on it. what do you think of it? whats the pressure drop and flow of those units?

Guest bastaad525

I.... need.... more.... power....

Seriously I just need to skip over any posts regarding dyno sheets from now on :D

Congrats on the insane power and nice fat power curve... on a Supra motor it's not even breaking a sweat and would live forever at that power level.

congrats clifton :D wow! any track times? I always like that swap or even the newer supra jz's because i wish we could keep it nissan but there are more available than rb's what kind of fabrication did you to mount engine trans? watch out for those headgaskets on those 7mgte kaboom :evil:

btw on your road racer z which intercooler are you using from the supra im asking this because a fellow zedder gave me his TT supra IC because he upraded to a bigger spearco unit. he was running 19 psi wit no problems on it. what do you think of it? whats the pressure drop and flow of those units?

I run a MKIII intercooler on both cars. I will eventually get an Ebay 12x24x3" one though.

Very nice!

7m's respond very well to boost, hell even the stock turbo can make over 300whp on them. What turbo are you running? How is the handling on the car with a 7m engine? I thought about that swap once before, but was afraid of the work that would be involved. How difficult is it?

Very nice and inspiring to say the least. As far as we know clifton has the quickest 7M powered Z, for now at least :twisted:

I just recieved my rear disk brake conversion and CV adapters from modern motorsports. Very nice looking stuff. I have it all bolted in, little clearance issue with my sway bar, but I think a little grinding will make it clear. Also just picked up my drive shaft today. Get to take the car off of the jacks finally. Should be on the road by the end of the month if all goes well.

As far as install goes for the 7M if you do a search I think you can find some pictures I took of my mounts and descriptions. I put my battery in the back because my header swings out pretty wide. Should be the same amount of work to install the 7M as it is to install the RB.