HybridZ

project metallic

Ferd/289

I bought a quart of Krylon 'project metallic' :D indoor/outdoor latex metallic paint to detail some trim parts made of plastic.

Can I spray with my detailing spray gun, or as an alternative, can use my airbrush since the parts are small?

If too thick to spray, can I thin this type of paint. If so with what reducer?

Ferd 8)

you can spray latex through any gun as far as I know, and I have sprayed latex through many guns. Just make sure everything gets real clean afterward etc. I always strip the gun down and clean real good after. An airbruch would work too but would just be a lot slower with a smaller coverage. Latex drips real easy though so make sure you can see the gloss build up so you don't over do it. A few light coats is usually best, or one light coat at first to build up some paint surface for the next coats to adhear better. Latex might chip easy off of plastic though so test it first to see how well it works. And if it is too thick thin a little with water.

Good luck

I tried that same paint on some of my interior parts(before I bought better ones) and it looks good at first but it does chip away very easy like "innerware" said.

Its a good temporary fix but that paint wont last. I can tell you this from experiece.

Guy