HybridZ

2003 Cobra Wheels are On

Rick?! hey man, long time no see, although i havnt really been posting so maybe you have every day and i just missed it, that looks phenomenal, you must be trying to get me to steal the car, you said you had trouble fitting the 9's with the 285 in the rear? you must have a good bit of inside clearance then cuz a 10inch with a 5inch back space fits under a zg and the zg is smaller than that msa.. i know, right now im fooling with both to decide what makes the z look better, may have to take a vote... hmm. Anyway, been awhile but how is the foot? everything heal right? anyway, cant wait till the next sez, my gf is a photographer, im gonna have to get pics of our cars together... see ya man.

Paul

The foot (Right one, lol) is fine - and will be ready for SEZ.

I do have some space inside , about 1-1 1/2" -but went the way I did so I could use the 26mm Mustang offsets/ cheap wheels. I'll just make the flares bigger when/If I want wider wheels. It's always bothered me that the driver's side rear flare is about 1/2" narrower than the other side due to poor manufacture. I noticed Scottie's IMSA Z flares had the same defect.

The Kumhos with this wheel package give awesome handling performance - I probably won't need anything bigger.

Pending verification of sufficient brake clearance, I will be ordering some Weld Pro-Star XP wheels for the rear/Drag Radials - 15X10, 6.5" backspace - to run 275/50 -15 DRs. I'll definitely have these in time for SEZ and some prior practice time at Orlando.

I'm in for some photo opps - maybe the G/F is skillful enough to get pics that don't show the scratches and dings I've put on the car from careless wrenching, and all the chips in the paint from road debris. :evil:

well the car looks fantastic, its wierd, about 3 days ago i actually ordered kuhmo ecsta mx's for the rear, 285/40/17s andim gonna use the 712's on the front for now, 225/45/17. save some money while im still dialing the car in, since i have to dial in the suspension and the motor. when is sez.... march? april? anyway, cant wait. Again though, the car looks great,normally not a fan of big five stars on z's, but that looks good. not good to hear about the flares, i never noticed on mine but i never installed them, maybe ill just use the zgs and make them a little bigger.

• 8 months later...

Draging this one back from the dead...........

Rick, do you know if that place you got the wheel adapters is still going. The link doesnt work anymore. I am trying to get wide rims as well. Might have to inport them from the states and those mustang rims are bloody good value.

Cheers, Douglas

Forgot to ask, Do you have coil overs on the rear? I am thinking about 10.5 inch rears with non coil overs. Want to run a small as flare as possable.

I was looking at some Saleen 18 inch wheels and came across these:

http://www.ezaccessory.com/.sc/ms/dd/1123441416177627/9/nc/Wheel%20Adapters/124/Wheel%20Adapter%204%20Lug%204%2E5%26quot%3B%20To%205%20Lug%204%2E5%26quot%3B%20Thickness%202%26quot%3B

I saved the information, if I decided to go that route. My f-body budddies get there custom adapters made by Skulte Performance. Call and get all the information, I have not seen the Ezaccesory adapters !!!! However, I have seen the Skulte stuff utilized on cars that drag race.