HybridZ

PROBLEM with wiring a 280zxt in a 240

Guest datsunturbo19

Guest datsunturbo19

I was hoping that somebody could help me out. Let me start off at the beginning. I have a 1973 240z and I put a 280zx turbo engine in it. I got advise from somebody and was told to remove all of the 240 wiring and put in the 280zx wiring. Big mistake. I sadly removed every single wire from the 240 and then I found out that all you have to move from the 280 is the computer. I now have most of the 240 wiring hooked up again. I cannot figure out the wiring inside the engine compartment. On the 280zx engine I have the 240 alternator, starter, and ignition coil hooked up with the 240 electrical. Everything else on the engine is from the 280zxt such as distributor, sensors etc. Does the computer get its power from the distributor? I removed the ac, power steering, and smog from the car. I am not sure what sensors, vacuum lines, and everything that needs to be hooked up to have the car run. I was told that the 280zx turbo engine is a "sealed" engine and that all vacuum lines has to be hooked up to have the car run. I was wondering if somebody knew an easy way to hook up the 280zx computer/ wiring harness to the turbo egnine. All advice is appreciated.