HybridZ

yet another dyno result thread

evildky

ok so I wet to the dyno saturday, the car brok down on the way, I tried swapping distributors and got nothing, finally found the ignitor to be at fault, set the dist by ear and got on the dyno

best hp of my 3 pulls was my second pull @ 216.5 whp

best touque of the 3 pulls was my first pull @ 257.3 ftlbs

I have a junkyard motor, with no air filter, running stock everything except a boost controller set at 9 psi, electric fan (running),aluminum flywheel mated to a 240sx 5 speed, 2.5" crush bent exhaust (no muffler) jacobs coil, and about 40 psi of fuel pressure, runs rich on the bottom and lean on the top

I am thinking with a bit of time to tune out the afm and set the timing it should be good for 220 whp and 260 ftlbs this sound about right ?

my next move will be to install my megasquirt and I'd like to pull it again before adding the intercooler to see how much is limited by the stock ecu

wow thats some good numbers for only 9psi...

never dynoed mine at 10psi when it was running good but at 4psi it was 168rwhp and 200lbs...

so even at 9psi i doubt i would gain that much.

very nice!

mike

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Sure you would... 10hp/psi isn't out of the ordinary for these cars. That's what I was saying in the other thread, that you're a boost controller away from a LOT more power.

Sure you would... 10hp/psi isn't out of the ordinary for these cars. That's what I was saying in the other thread, that you're a boost controller away from a LOT more power.

like i said i had a boost controller, now i have a nice electronic GReddy Profec B.

but i had a fmic, downpipe, no exhaust and only put out that numbers.

so he is doing good.

mike

the KA tranny is ok, I have no idea wht it will handle as I am still small potato's in the relm of big datsun power, I put a cheapo ebay short shifter on mine which I then cut down about 2 inches to sit at the same heitght ad my old 4 spped handle that I had shortened, let me tell you it's a tiny shift now, it's about a 2 inch stroke from first to second and the side side movement from first to fifth is a bout a half an inch, so finding third is a bit tricky as yet, I am sure I'll get a feel for it,

also I was thinking of getting the new electric water pump, or am I just being greedy ? anyone use one of them yet?