HybridZ

FINALLY! Another 240z hybrid in SCC magazine

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Gotta go to work so can't type long. In this months issue of Sport compact Car (Jan 2005, red Evo and STi on the cover) there is a full feature article on a 240z with an SR20DET motor in it.

Articles like these always show the kind of cars the staff at SCC are REALLY into... they aren't as Hondacentric as some might think, but have a real thing for old Datsun's and Toyota's. Anyways... can't wait to actually read the article, well... off to work now :)

Guest bastaad525

was waiting for someone to point that one out.

Still... that's only like the fifth time I've even seen a 240z in there. 510's and old Corolla's all the time... but Z's get no love :(

Still, typo or not, you can tell they love them, and seem to genuinely enjoy when they get to write about them.

Guest bastaad525

I thought Grassroots Motorsports featured Z's pretty regularly? I don't subscribe and don't ever see the mag anywhere around here.

Of course, Sport Z features more Z's than all of them ;)

Guest bastaad525

Adam Corolla drives a 510??? Wow... i don't usually tend to like the guy (his voice irritates the crap outta me) but... now I have some newfound respect for him :o

Adam Corolla drives a 510??? Wow... i don't usually tend to like the guy (his voice irritates the crap outta me) but... now I have some newfound respect for him :o

Yep, he's always like the 510 and has a nice one with BRE paint scheme. It's just too bad that he's not into the 510 crowd, as he thinks all us old time Datsun lovers are a bunch of freeks and go way overboard with the whole thing. He can't stand to talk to the hardcore 510 guys at all. Cool car, but doesn't earn any respect from me. :roll:

The FJ20 that is in Adam Corolla's 510 was bought from me. I imported that engine (and three other brand new ones) a few years ago. The shop that was restoring the 510 at the time heard of me and made me a decent offer on the engine. I sold it with the rare headers and the genuine brand new Sanyo Kiki sideraft intake with roller bearing linkage and PH44 Mikunis. Car must run well with it as the FJ is a really great engine, very strong and very beefy and powerful

So that's my 15seconds of you know what.

Yasin

I owned a '71, blue 2 door with ghost BRE stripes on the sides. It was in an issue in 2001. It had an L22 with Electromotive/TWM setup, Carrera coilovers all the way around, custom control arms & rear crossmember, Nismo close ratio 5 speed, aluminum flywheel, etc. etc. The turbo VG car was in SCC in 2000. Finally got the blue one in the mag after I sold it and moved onto the VG car. Weird how that works. :wink: