HybridZ

280YZ kit and headlight issue

Guest Stert

im considering buying a Z car to do an LS1/6-speed swap.

i have not even hardly started thinking about the body and what i want it to look like.

i was looking throught this site a little bit and i like the 280 YZ widebody kit.

obviously this is more of a track style body kit and there are no headlight.

so i have a few questions about the kit. does anyone use these on the street? this will be a mainly street driven car. are there ground clearance issues?

my main question was about headlights. on the website it gives some options. what do each of these look like? i would like to see some pictures if at all possible. so if anyone has any pics of these settups let me know:

*leaving stock front fenders in place with the YZ kit

*subtle z front and yz rears (i have not seen a complete subtle z kit either so if someone could post a pic of that it would be awsome)

if anyone is willing to help me out with any of these questions would appreciate it

There are pics on the Reaction Research site of both the SubtleZ kit and Dan Juday's car with the SubtleZ/YZ combo. Check it out.

FWIW, the YZ fronts are meant to accept up to 12" wheels, which is a crazy amount of tire for a street car.

it would be a summer car. and ill take all the traction i can get. it will be a 408 c.i. LS1 stroker motor.

but how is ground clearance? does anyone that buys this kit drive it? or does everyone here racew their Z?

its not my only car tho....i have another car for winters and when im working on my car.....currently have a first gen camaro and am about to do an LS1 (350) swap into it, but after seeing some of these Z cars with a widebody kit on them i am starting to lust after a datsun.....and since you can still put the same motor in these cars as i was going to put in my camaro then i thought it would be perfect.

so pretty much the looks have brought me here.

and does anyone have any more pics of Dan's Juday's yz/subtle z combo? the pictures on the reaction research page dont give me a good enough idea of what the car looks like.

thanks for any help

does anyone else remember when there was a picture of a 280yz with miata headlights molded in? (maybe i'm just going crazy)

Can't remember the members name that did the Miata headlight photoshop, but it looked really cool. The picture was in the gallery before we changed over to the new software and lost all the images.

!M!