HybridZ

Triple Webers on RB25DE is there a point?

DeusEx

Damned impressive motor, but doesn't seem to have much of a powerband. The previously quoted 175Kw@wheels was only revved to 6500, and had massive torque at around 5k. They had to fit traction control to try and tame the tendancy to smoke the 10 inch hoosiers in 2'nd. Working back the driveline losses, I guess that motor would have had around 310Hp at the flywheel - it was, however, a 3.1lt.

At Eastern Creek Raceway (Sydeny Aus) I watched him hold off a full race Porche GT3 road racer ($200K+ Au) for five laps until the front tyres went off. The car was sold on, and was later entered in a sprint event on a public road at the coast. Through the traps at only 20kph slower than a Ferrari F40.

One word...WOW

Yeah flavour, couldnt have described it better and thanks heaps for the pics, they look great.

But as i do, my mind has changed again, i have found a 2JZ-GE halfcut and am seriously thinking about doing it. My friends are divided, but dammed if i can think of a better six (apart from a e46 M3, i found an engine but no gearbox....my dream engine :cry:......) and by all rights it wouldnt be too hard to turn into a turbo (too many hours in front of i-supra..)