HybridZ

Electrical Issues........HELP!!!

Cable

Hey guys, I need someone that is pretty decent with electrical wiring etc.... I am not really interested in a business referal because I want the work done at my home.

I know the basics, but I need someone who can fix four stupid little things on my 280z that will get me throwing tools if I keep trying to figure them out myself.

#1: Driver side brake light doesn't come on. Its not the bulb and the socket isn't receiving power.

#2: I have no turn signals. I have three turn signal switches, two of which have been tested good and I still can't get them to work on my car. The only thing its good for is high/low beam swtich right now.

#3: The previous owner ditched the stock type ignition switch/tumbler for a generic type located on the dash. I have a working stock type Datsun switch and tumbler that I would like reinstalled.

#4: Lastly, my drivers side headlight is pretty dim compared to the pass side. I have a new headlight, but I can't figure out how to remove/replace the stock one. Some people have suggested that I do a HID conversion while I am at it.

Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33 710&item=7937819304&rd=1

Any labor help would be thanked with cash, I live near Fresno, Ca.

Thanks guys!!!

Sounds like the PO did some creative rewiring. :evil:

Easiest first: The headlights are fairly easy to replace, you'll need a medium sized Phillips head screwdriver and a flashlight. On the back side of the headlight to be replaced, you'll find a metal case held to the headlight bucket by 4 screws. Undo the screws, but be careful, I almost broke my old light because I wasn't holding the case when I pulled the last screw. If replacing the light doesn't fix your dim headlight problem, I would strongly suggest looking into the 'headlight relays' modification. I'm running relays for the headlights on my car, and you can instantly tell the difference, especially if your stock underdash wires are old and have corroded connections. This is a fairly simple mod, Pete Paraska had the instructions and a wiring diagram on his website the last time I looked. I, personally, would avoid stepping up to an HID kit until the insufficient factory wiring has been taken care of.

Hope that little bit helps out, I'm fresh out of information on the other 3 problems.

Guest mtbrider586

If you want to come up to Sacramento, I can fix your problems. I am a drivablity and smog tech. I do some side work for parts money. Email me back if you want to do that. mtbrider586@sbcglobal.net

I have time in the next couple of weeks. Finishing a couple of engine jobs right now.

Fred

Guest rick458

try to clean your contacts on the head lights

and try to use some contact cleaner on the

contact area of the turn signal switch (it worked for me)

to get to the head light you have to pull the squarish panel

in the fender liner