HybridZ

350 core needed!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, I feel like a putz posting so many messages. Just wanna thank you guys for being so friendly and helpfull, it really helps.

Anyways, I am looking for a 350, I've called every junkyard around here and they are wanting like $600 for a running 350. When I tell them that I don't care if it runs or not they basically laugh at me and tell me they don't have any on hand. So, anyone in the washington state area selling a 350 for dirt cheap (running or not, even if it's just the core)? smile.gif

This probably belongs on the "for sale" message board, but it fits the thread so I'll list it here.

I have a 4-bolt 350 block, from back when I wanted to install a small block. In fact, I have the whole engine (heads, crank, etc.), in unassembled form. Ironically, I pulled it out of a Jaguar for which some one did a JTR V8 conversion.

Chevy small blocks have almost no value stock and unassembled, so if some one gave me $100 for the lot, I'd love to get rid of it. Unfortunately, I'm in Pasadena, CA, which is a long way from Washington. Shipping will cost far more than the engine is worth.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mattrp

Hey Michael,

I am interested in that engine you have. I have a 305 in my z and really want a little more power, and I do want to do the assembly myself. What are the specs on that engine? I am looking at going to caltech for college, and checking the campus (picking up an engine) might go over with my parents.

Matt

72 500z

Hi Matt,

The engine is a 350 with 4-bolt mains. The bores are 0.030" over, and in pretty good shape, though there may not be enough material for a further overbore. Casting on the block says 1970. Carb was a Rochester 4-barrel spreadbore on a cast iron intake manifold. Basically, that indicates that the engine was of mild high performance, but not top of the line. Heads have 1.94/1.50 valves. Everything is disassembled, and in boxes.

Most likely, the engine was not run in quite a while. I pulled it from a Jaguar that some one converted to V8 (with JTR methods, in fact!). I'd like $100 for the whole thing.