HybridZ

Fitting MAC headers into a LS1 Z

Mac mid length headers, 1 ¾†tube.

It looks like the headers (at least for the drivers side) will fit with a little banging on one tube and cutting the flange off then welding a 3†30 degree pipe on the end of the header. I don’t have the engine in the car yet, but measuring from John’s mounts makes me think I can do this. I know the LS6 exhaust manifolds wont fit, the Fbody ones don’t fit, and the Pacesetter’s don’t even come close. Here’s what the MAC’s look like.

I highlighted where the mount is at in the picture from the top for reference.

http://www.circuitflex.com/MacDriversSide.jpg

http://www.circuitflex.com/MacDriversTop.jpg

I’m waiting for my clutch to get here so I can get the engine in, so I’m tearing into the electrical in the engine bay.

The steering is definitely in the way, the outside tubes are about 1†from clearing, and the flange is about 1†too long and pointed in the wrong direction. The passenger side looks like a fit with a new flange, but the driver’s side is a real problem. I may try to cut about ¾ of the way through on the bottom side of the flange and bend the whole header down to almost block hugger status. Even with that I believe that the outside tube will still be a problem, but I might be able to dent it a bit and make it fit.

Guest ALL UC2

i had a set of those headers on the motor i got to put in my 240 and i ended up and sold them to my brother cause they werent even close to fitting.

sell those things, you cou8ld get some pretty good money out of those things.