HybridZ

megasquirt

Guest ss2bp1

Almost finished assembling my Megaquirt and I have a few questions for guys who have already done this. It will be using the stock n/a ignithion from a '77.

Step 49: "Diode D8 is needed if ignition has a large offset bias" Do I need this?

Step 51: "Capacitor C12 may need to be increased there are noise problems from the tach" Will there be noise problems with the stock tach?

Step 54: There are two ways to set up the opto-isolator that recieves the signal from the ignition system. Which way should that be set up?

I'll probably be back asking for some starting values once I get all this installed, but that's going to be a few months. Thanks for the help.

Greg '77 280Z

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Greg,

I first installed my MS unit on a stock n/a '78 280z to test the MS and learn how to program it before installing it on my daily driver V8Z.

Step 49: "Diode D8 is needed if ignition has a large offset bias" Do I need this?

I did not install this diode and it worked fine.

Step 51: "Capacitor C12 may need to be increased there are noise problems from the tach" Will there be noise problems with the stock tach?

I did not have any problems with the stock tach.

Step 54: There are two ways to set up the opto-isolator that recieves the signal from the ignition system. Which way should that be set up?

I have the jumper installed from XG1 to XG2. No problems here either.

Good luck with your install,

Don