HybridZ

Any problems with the car sitting for a week at a time?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Well... this is a first for me, in my life... to have such a situation as having more than one car to choose from to drive on a daily basis.

The weather has been sucking lately, cold, some rain off and on... generally just not the kinda weather I want to drive my Z in any more (no heater, no defroster, windshield wipers barely work, no weather stripping). Since I finally have a second car, the Z has been doing a LOT of sitting lately.

I'm averaging 7-10 days between drives in the Z now... and for the first time I have to wonder, is this going to cause me problems? I know a week is really not that much time, but for instance, the last time I went to drive it, my E-brake had suddenly gotten kinda sticky when I first disengaged it. What about hoses and belts? What about the condition of the oil? Should I make it a point of at least starting it up every X amount of days in between actually getting to drive it? Should I disconnect the battery in the mean time? Any other things I should be doing to prevent problems from this?

hehehe----My Z sits in the dark shed up in the woods for two months over the winter. With fresh motor oil, I disconnect the battery and hook up my 10w solar panel charger. I also add Stabil to the full tank. I leave the brake off and pump the tires to about 50psi. I keep mothballs in the shed, mostly for superstitious reasons....I guess. After two months, it starts on one crank every time and is ready to roll. The shed is elevated off the ground so it stays as dry as possible. 10 days is a walk in the park for a Z.

Guest bastaad525

About the E-brake, it's not the brakes actually sticking, rather, I can 'feel' (I don't know really, how to explain this well) that the cable is sticking or grinding. The brakes release fine, but about halfway thru the e-brake handles travel, I feel a pop.

I got the distint picture in my head of the cable getting stuck.