HybridZ

what rear suspension should I use

SBC_400

ok, I have decided to build a complete new custom chassis for my 240, I am using corvette c4 front suspension, and I am starting with a custom chassis the I got on e-bay for cheap with the c4 front end and and jag rear end. I am not a fan of the jag diff because it is sooo heavy and the breaks a PITA.

but I am havving a little trouble finding a c4 rear end at a decent price, or at least one localy so I don't have to have it shipped.

so my question is, how bad is the jag diff, should I just go with it for now so I can get this project started and change the rear latter (I need to get a majority of the fabrication done over the winter)? or do I continue to hold out for the vette rear end, or should I use a z rear end, or are there any other good ideas for an IRS that I should look into?

here is a pic of hte rear of the chassis with the jag rear end.

jagdiff7tc.jpg

Guest Phil1934

Jag is just a Dana 44 so you can get a Lock Right locker for it. I forget what Concours West calls themselves now, but they have the lowdown. I think stock is 400 HP, then they sell upgraded stub axles, then Ford centers, etc. The brakes are a PITA but Wilwood offers a kit. My complaint would be the width of the center. It may dictate such short half shafts that angles will be a problem.