HybridZ

possible buy????

Guest ColoradoZ

Guest ColoradoZ

Ok so im going to be selling my 1998 mustang gt with a few mods, as i lost my job and cant afford to make payments. i should be able to escape debt as i owe 7000, and can get 8500-9000 for it. so there is a 81zxt in my local paper. It has a rebuilt motor, says it needs work. my dad called on it and he says its missing, he thinks it might be a head gasket. does this sound normal. the price for the car is 450 so it really shouldnt be too bad. he said there is 3k in the motor, but im guessing thats rebuild parts/labor. so what im saying is do you think this missing could be the head gasket? If it is, i guess thats not too bad, as i really want a z. IMHO 280zx's are pretty ugly but i could drive it untill i can afford a 240/260z to put the motor into. that is what i've wanted for a while. I will be getting a new job and i wont have a car payment so i can dump all my $$$$ into this. Tell me what you think should i do it or not?!?!

David

I would do it man... and although the zx's arn't as.. nice looking (MHO) as the earlier Z cars, they can still be made to look really decent.. they still look unique compared to almost evrything else on the road these days..

And the 'miss cause of a head gasket' hmm.. I don't know about that, but you'll have to see it in person and hear it run. Could be an ignition/electrical issue.. Really, if the HG is blown, it should be blowing some white smoke OR have no fluid left in the rad... either way, if it IS, the head gasket that isn't a big deal.. hows the rest of it though? Rust isues? Does the turbo spool up good? How's the trany/suspension/brakes? Basicaly, I'd do it either way cause the drivetrain is DEFINATLY worth the $450. Even if it needs a complete re+re.

Guest ColoradoZ

well i checked it out today. definately needs some body work, but the motor is good, just needs a hg, there is oil in the rad, and coolant in the oil system. but brand new turbo, the downsides here are as follows, need new head gasket, its a 2+2, and its auto.....im thinking just sell my car, bum rides for the next few months, and save so i can get a motor and a decent 240 to put it in..

David