HybridZ

how do you use megasquirt and msd boost master timming together

gexgexgexgex

is the msd boost master timing a stand alone system

i am planning on putting a megasquirt computer into my l28et engine. i had wanted to put in megasuirt and spark but i may people say to start with just the fuel and then later go to the fuel and spark. i was just woundering how do i have both of them work together, i think i understand how to put in the fuel computer by it self but i want to know if when i use the msd bmt does it require the stock ecu to work or is the msd bmt a stand alone system

Yes the MSD 6BMT is a stand alone multiple spark enhancer. It also gives you a RPM limiter and the ability to retard the timing by using the retard knob. You can retard by 1 to 3 degrees per pound of boost up to 20 degrees I think. I have one on my 77 280Z with factor wiring and ECU with an 82 ZXT motor and it works!!

I am also looking into putting on the MS/MS&S with the 6BMT and have been looking around for wiring changes needed or other changes needed to make this combo work. Any .02 would be helpful.

Also the MSII soounds pretty good, just need more info!!

HB280ZT

Now have a turbo capable of 15psi+ now I just need MONEY and the rest of the parts to put it to good uses!!!!

Don't waste your time with the MSD. Go straight to MS-n-S and run it just like the stock system did. It's an unrequired extra step that costs a lot of money.

WIth the Moby Sticky Values, you have a decent, safe spark curve to start with, and you can concentrate on tuning fuel until you get that down, then start playing with the timing map, but don't expect to change much!

I think the MSD is unnecessary, especially since the MS-n-S is fairly straightforward in it's application to both the CAS units found on the L28.

You go with an MSD box, and start with an L28ET, unless you have an 81 model, you will be pulling the front cover and swapping distributor drives to run a convention distributor you have to modify.... Why go through all the hassle, only to swap back later? Doesn't make any sense at all to me...

Unless you only have an N/A engine to start with. Then it's a simple matter of swapping in an 81 Dizzy and bolting on the front pulley and CAS later to convert to MS-n-S with a tru Crank Trigger Unit...